Here’s a few helpful kitchen tips that I have learned along the way. Maybe one of these tips will help you too.
- Always read the entire recipe before you start cooking. This way, you will ensure you have all of the ingredients and cooking utensils.
- Prep all of your ingredients before you start cooking. Grate, peel, slice, etc. and even measure most ingredients, it will be a big help.
- When baking, it is best to use room temperature ingredients such as eggs and butter.
- Keep canned condensed milk on hand. Use it in recipes if you are out of milk or if a recipe calls for whole milk and all you have in the fridge is skim milk.
- When you are cooking pasta, save at least a 1/2 cup of the pasta water before you drain the pasta. The pasta water has the pasta starches in it, so it helps to bind the pasta and the sauce if any additional liquid is needed.